Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content
Academics About U OF H
Admission Visiting Campus
Student Life Libraries
Alumni Public Purpose
News Arts & Events
Athletics Giving to U of H

If a Student is Seeking Help...

Academic Help

Psychological and/or Emotional Help

Medical Help

Disability Resources

List of Campus Resources

Seeking academic help?

If an advisor learns that a student is having difficulty in class by notification from the student, instructor, or through a mid-semester warning form, an advisor should ask the student to meet with them so that they can determine the nature of the problem.  Based on this discussion, the student may be referred to the professor for extra help.  In addition, the Student Success Center offers free tutoring in many areas.  Students should call ext. 7003 or email for more information.  Free tutoring is available for all academic areas.  See the following link for more information.  Student athletes should be referred to their academic counselor in the Sports Center at ext. 4657.  The Office of Multicultural Programs also offers academic support.  Please contact Lois Lindsey at ext. 5122, Gengras 211, for more information. 

The Center for Reading and Writing (CRW) offers free individualized assistance in developing effective strategies for reading, writing, and studying.  They can assist in writing research papers including selecting a topic, organizing the paper, and editing drafts.  They also teach strategies for time management, note-taking, reading, and exam preparation.  In addition to individual appointments with students, CRW offers four different study skills courses for freshmen in both Fall and Spring semesters.  See the current semester schedule for the times of these courses.  For more information on CRW, please contact Pat Morelli at ext. 4312, A 209, or see their website:  click here.

Tutoring Options

Seeking psychological and/or emotional help?

Click here

Seeking medical help?

Health Services, located left of the main entrance at the Sports Complex, ext. 6601, is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00-5:00 (8:00-4:30 on Friday) during the academic year.  For emergencies, please call public safety at ext. 7777.  All full-time undergraduates who pay the Student Support Services Fee are not charged for an office visit.  Charges may be incurred for lab work, medications, and testing. 

For further information, their website is

Disability Resources

Click here

List of resources on campus for various problems

CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services) -  provides a range of short-term counseling and psychological services to the University Community

Learning Plus (L+) - the academic support service available to any UHA student with a documented learning or attention disability

CRW (Center for Reading and Writing) - offers one-on-one tutoring services for writers of all abilities

ORL (Office of Residential Life) - Contact with housing issues.

Public Safety -  Routine Calls 860.768.7985     Emergency Only x7777

Health Services - offers acute care, women's health clinic, STD screening, lab tests, immunizations, etc.

Student Success Center - student support to answer many different questions regarding college life and particularly reaches out to freshmen

Financial Aid Information

       Ashley Dutton                860.768.4642

Red Impact Bar