RPW 211W Introduction to Business and Management Communication
RPW 251W/GS 251W Rhetorics of Gender Activism
RPW 290, 291, 390, 391, 490, 491 Special Topics in Rhetoric and Professional Writing
RPW 316W Collaborative Writing in the Workplace
RPW 340W/GS 340W Writing in Gender-Based Activist Organizations
RPW 470 Reading and Writing: Contemporary Theory and Practice
RPW 480 Internship in Professional Writing
RPW 481, 482, 483 Independent Study in Rhetoric and Professional Writing
Learning Outcomes for the BA in Rhetoric and Professional Writing
1) Students will display a knowledge of the requirements of the various aspects of professional writing.
2) Students will demonstrate the basic skills of professional writing practice, including rhetorical strategies, professional editing, proofreading, document and page design, mechanical preparation of text and graphics (computer applications), and delivery systems.
3) Students will demonstrate familiarity with the theoretical principles of professional writing.
4) Students will exhibit expertise in the techniques of information analysis, data interpretation and evaluation, information development for consumer use, research methods, data presentation approaches, and genre conventions of professional documents.
5) Students will demonstrate an understanding of the workplace environment and its primary concerns through engaging in sophisticated problem-solving activities designed to raise the awareness of the ethical, environmental, cultural, and legal implications of professional writing.
6) Students will assemble a senior-year portfolio of academic and/or professional documents demonstrating the ability to write and communicate professionally in workplace environments.
7) Students will write a narrative analyzing their development as a professional writer based on the texts included in their portfolios.