15 additional credits in one of two tracks, Global Security or Global Development. At least nine of these credits must be at the 300-level or above, from a list of approved courses. In addition no more than nine of the credits may come from a single discipline.
Learning Outcomes for the BA in International Studies
1) Students will gain an understanding of global issues through an interdisciplinary perspective which includes language, culture, history, economics and politics.
2) Students will understand and appreciate diverse perspectives, and utilize a variety of methods with critical reflection.
3) Students will develop a cultural, economic, historical and political awareness of the role the United States plays in the world.
4) Students will gain expertise in a particular thematic focus within the field of international studies.
5) Students will demonstrate second-year proficiency in a language other than English.
6) Students will develop research competence in the field of international studies.
7) Students will develop strong analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills.