Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics combines a fundamental core of required mathematics courses with the flexibility to choose a number of mathematics electives that help prepare a student for a career in business, education, or technology.
Course Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Major
Learning Outcomes for the Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- Students will demonstrate competence in the techniques of calculus in one and several variables.
- Students will model real-world problems using mathematics.
- Students will use technology effectively.
- Students will communicate the mathematical process.
- Students will read and construct mathematical proofs.
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of abstraction.