Bachelor of Arts in Physics
This is a flexible program consisting of a concentration in physics, requirements in mathematics and chemistry, and a broad range of required and elective courses in the arts and sciences. The required courses may be combined with courses in education to complete certification for teaching in the public schools.
Course Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Major
- 2016-2017 Course Bulletin
- 2015-2016 Course Bulletin
- 2014-2015 Course Bulletin
- 2013-2014 Course Bulletin
- 2012-2013 Course Bulletin
Learning Outcomes for the Bachelor of Arts in Physics
- Demonstrate knowledge of the body of natural laws through which much of the behavior of the physical universe can be understood and predicted;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the powerful concepts of mathematical analysis necessary for the construction and application of physical theories;
- Demonstrate competency in the use of sophisticated and accurate apparatus specifically designed to discover the physical attributes of matter and radiation and their interactions; and
- Demonstrate ability to properly interpret data obtained from experimental investigations and mathematical simulations.