The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited collegiate institution and should have achieved at least a B average in undergraduate courses. An undergraduate concentration in psychology, including courses in introductory psychology, abnormal psychology, statistics, research methods, and history and systems in psychology, is desirable. Official scores for the General GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and the Psychology Subject GRE examination are required.
The Admissions Review Committee will consider only complete applications. All application materials should be sent to the Graduate Office at the following address: Graduate Admissions, CC231, University of Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117.
The following items are required:
- An on-line application (see links at right)
- A non-refundable Application fee of $50.00 (to be paid on-line)
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework forwarded to the University of Hartford
- A letter of intent as specified in the on-line application
- 3 letters of recommendation as specified in the on-line application
- Official results of the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436. Visit: www.ets.org.
- Official results of the Psychology Subject GRE exam forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436. Visit: www.ets.org.
- TOEFL – official score to be submitted. The University of Hartford test code number is 3436. Visit TOEFL at: www.ets.org. Minimum score: 550 paper-based; 79-80 IBT. IELTS is also accepted. Minimum score 6.5. Visit: www.ielts.org.
- Transcript Evaluation – transcript must be evaluated by the World Evaluation Services/WES. Visit: www.wes.org. The evaluation at a minimum should indicate that the student has completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited institution. The $50.00 application fee will be waived to defray the cost of the evaluation.
- Guarantor’s Statement – a certified Guarantor’s Statement of Financial Support is required. You may download the Guarantor’s Statement at: www.hartford.edu/graduate/int