School Psychology Requirements
The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology from an accredited collegiate institution and should have achieved at least a B average in undergraduate courses. In addition, he/she must submit scores for the General GRE (Graduate Record Exam).
The admissions review committee will consider only complete applications. All application materials should be sent to the Graduate Office at the following address.
The Admissions Review Committee will consider only complete applications. All application materials should be sent to the Graduate Office at the following address.
Graduate Admissions, CC231
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Required for a Complete Application:
- An on-line application (see link at right)
- A non-refundable Application fee of $50 (to be paid on-line)
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework forwarded to the University of Hartford
- A letter of intent as specified in the on-line application
- 3 letters of recommendation as specified in the on-line application
- Application for assistantship (if applying for an assistantship)
- Official results of the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436. Visit: www.ets.org
- TOEFL – official score to be submitted. The University of Hartford test code number is 3436. Visit TOEFL at: www.ets.org. Minimum score: 550 paper-based; 79-80 iBT. IELTS is also accepted. Minimum score 6.5. Visit: www.ielts.org.
- Transcript evaluation – transcript must be evaluated by the World Evaluation Services/WES. Visit: www.wes.org. The evaluation at a minimum should indicate that the student has completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited institution. The $50.00 application fee will be waived to defray the cost of the evaluation.
- Guarantor’s Statement – a certified Guarantor’s Statement of financial support is required. You may download the Guarantor’s Statement at: www.hartford.edu/graduate/int
Deadlines and Dates
Admission into the School Psychology program can occur only for the fall semester. Completed applications must be received by February 1st. The admissions committee will review complete applications in the order in which they are received.