School Psychology Requirements
The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology from an accredited collegiate institution and should have achieved at least a B average in undergraduate courses. In addition, he/she must submit scores for the General GRE (Graduate Record Exam) and the Praxis I Pre-professional Skills Test (PPST).
The admissions review committee will consider only complete applications. All application materials should be sent to the Graduate Office at the following address: Graduate Admissions, CC231 University of Hartford; 200 Bloomfield Avenue West Hartford, CT 06117.
The following items are required:
- An on-line application (see link at right)
- A non-refundable Application fee of $50 (to be paid on-line)
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework forwarded to the University of Hartford
- A letter of intent as specified in the on-line application
- 3 letters of recommendation as specified in the on-line application
- Application for assistantship (if applying for an assistantship)
- Official results of the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436. Visit: www.ets.org
- Official results of the Praxis I Pre-Professional Test (PPST) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436. Visit: www.ets.org
- TOEFL – official score to be submitted. The University of Hartford test code number is 3436. Visit TOEFL at: www.ets.org. Minimum score: 550 paper-based; 79-80 iBT. IELTS is also accepted. Minimum score 6.5. Visit: www.ielts.org.
- Transcript evaluation – transcript must be evaluated by the World Evaluation Services/WES. Visit: www.wes.org. The evaluation at a minimum should indicate that the student has completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited institution. The $50.00 application fee will be waived to defray the cost of the evaluation.
- Guarantor’s Statement – a certified Guarantor’s Statement of financial support is required. You may download the Guarantor’s Statement at: www.hartford.edu/graduate/int
Deadlines and Dates
Admission into the School Psychology program can occur only for the fall semester. Completed applications must be received by February 15th
. The admissions committee will review complete applications in the order in which they are received.