Other Ways to Earn Credit
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Other Ways to Earn Credit


Up to 27 credits in introductory courses can be earned by taking CLEP examinations (College-Level Examination Program).  The exams are administered at the university and are sponsored by the College Entrance Examination Board.  The cost is $127 with an additional charge of $10 for exams with an essay. Please click here for more information.

Transfer Credits

Students must fill out a Permit for Transfer Credits form  if interested in taking courses at another institution. The form should go to Bates house and then to the A&S evaluator's office (H 204).  Any courses that are transferred in will not be factored into GPA calculations, they will only be used as credit hours.

Advanced Placement (AP) Testing

The University of Hartford generally grants credit to students who have earned scores of 3 or higher (4 for English Composition) on the appropriate Advanced Placement (AP) examination. Credit can also be awarded for courses taken at an accredited college or university while in high school.

Current AP credit awarding policy