Where to Go for Help
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Where to Go for Help

Academic Help

Students should connect with their academic advisors when having academic difficulties. Students are also encouraged to visit their professors' during office hours for additional academic support. In addition, the Student Success Center offers free tutoring in many areas (7003 or ssc@hartford.edu). Student athletes should visit their academic counselor in the Sports Center at ext. 4657 and The Office of Multicultural Programs also offers academic support (ext 5122).

The Center for Reading and Writing (CRW) offers free individualized assistance in developing effective strategies for reading, writing, and studying. In addition to individual appointments with students, CRW offers four different study skills courses for First Year Students. For more information on CRW, please contact Pat Morelli at ext. 4312, Auerbach Hall 209, or see their website: click here.

College Tutoring Options

Psychological and Emotional Help

There are many sources of personal support available on campus for students. Counseling and Psychological Services, Connections Health Education Center , and The Women's and Gender Resource Center provide a range of comprehensive support services.

Medical Help

Health Services, located left of the main entrance at the Sports Complex, ext. 6601, is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00-5:00 (8:00-4:30 on Friday) during the academic year. For emergencies, please call public safety at ext. 7777. All full-time undergraduates who pay the Student Support Services Fee are not charged for an office visit. Charges may be incurred for lab work, medications, and testing.

For further information, their website is hartford.edu/student_affairs/departments/health_services/

Disability Resources

Click here