When working on a page or Asset in the CMS, the item is temporarily locked so that others cannot access it. However, there may be occasions when you want pages or Assets to be inaccessible to others. In these situations, use the CMS lock feature.
Follow these steps to lock a page or asset:
- While on the page or Asset, select Asset Action Toolbar > View.
- Select the Lock pane.
- Select Check-out this asset.
The Layout pane appears with the working copy displayed. This Asset is now locked, and no other users may edit it until the lock is broken.
When a page or Asset is locked, you will have access to the following viewing options. Follow these steps:
With the locked Asset selected, choose Asset Action Toolbar > View.
- The following view options are available:
- Current - View the Current version of the locked file.
- Compare with Current - View a comparison version that shows changes to the file.
- Break Lock - Break the lock so that the file is accessible by others. You may also choose to unlock a page or Asset.
Unlock Page or Asset
Unlock a page or Asset as follows:
- With the locked Asset selected, choose Asset Action Toolbar > View.
- Select the Lock pane. A screen similar to the following appears.
- Under Actions, choose from the following:
- Break the lock and discard changes - Unlocks the file. Changes made to the file since the time it was locked will be discarded.
- Commit changes - Unlocks the file. Changes made to the file since the time it was locked will be retained. When this option is selected a Comment field will appear to add any necessary notes.
View a List of Locked Pages or Assets
- To view locked assets, click on Main Menu Bar > Home.
- Your locks are displayed on the Dashboard under both the Locks tab and Current Activity on the main Dashboard.