Metadata describes other data. A text document's Metadata may contain information about how long the document is, who the author is, when the document was written, and a short summary of the document. Webpages include Metadata in the form of meta tags.
Instructions & Tips
Description and keywords meta tags are used to describe the Web page's content. Search engines use this data when adding pages to their search index.
- The Summary is the brief description about the page that also displays in search results.
- The Keywords are words about the page that search robots crawl through to locate a page.
- The Author is the person responsible for the page content. This allows you to use the CMS search to find all pages by a certain author.
To add a Metadata Summary, & Author to your webpage:
- Select Asset Action Toolbar > Edit >> Metadata.
- Insert Metadata.
- Choose, as needed: Review/End dates and Expiration folders - the date and time for the content to be reviewed with a respective workflow, or which it is no longer available and where expired content goes.
- Click the Submit button to save changes.