Leveling the Playing Field: Education and Healthcare
The panel will discuss how to address the current and persistent inequalities in access to healthcare and education in this country. Three perspectives will be offered from educators, policymakers, and providers. Hosted by the University of Hartford’s College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions.
Moderator: Diane Orson, WNPR
- State Senator Beth Bye
- Karen D’Angelo, Adjunct Professor, Health Sciences, University of Hartford; Lead Cross-Cultural Trainer, Hispanic Health Council; Adjunct Professor, University of Connecticut.
- Gislaine Ngounou, Chief of Staff, Hartford Public Schools
- Kenny Nienhusser, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership, University of Hartford
- Marie Spivey, Vice President of Health Equity, Connecticut Hospital Association
- John Tapper, Assistant Professor of Elementary Education, University of Hartford
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 17
Time: 10:30 a.m.–noon
Location: Wilde Auditorium