Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Hartford Card FAQs

How does the Hartford Card work?

Students receive a Hartford Card in the mail, which is used to activate a refund preference. You do not need to activate the debit card but need the information from the card to complete the one-time login to activate your preference. Even if you don't think you will receive a refund or want the debit account, circumstances can change. Activate the preference of your choice and keep the card in a safe place.

Q:Is my Hartford Card associated with my student ID?

A:No, the Hartford Card is a declining balance debit refund card. Your official Student ID is called the Hawk Card.

When do I get my card?

Cards are mailed to current students at their home or local address that is on file with the University as of December 1, 2011.  Before you register for classes, please make sure your address with the University of Hartford is correct. You can update your address online through the Student Self-Service Center. You can also visit the Student Administrative Services Center to complete and submit a Change of Personal Data form. Remember to keep your address information updated with both the University and at are not forwarded by the postal service. Cards returned due to incorrect addresses are destroyed. Students may be subject to a replacement card fee.

What if I didn't receive my new card? What if it gets lost, stolen or thrown away?

You will need to contact the Student Administrative Services Center to report the card lost.  SASC will order a new card for you and have it mailed to your home or local address.

How do I order a new Hartford Card?

Active Account Holders: If you have already completed your initial login and activated a refund preference, order your card by logging in to your account and selecting report card lost/stolen. You can also contact Higher One Customer Care at 1.877.405.5475. (Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–11p.m. Eastern Time)

Inactive Account Holders: If you have not completed your initial login and activated a refund preference, choose one of the following:

  • Correct mailing addressIf your mailing address with the University is correct contact SASC at 860-768-4999. 
  • Wrong mailing addressIf your address with the University is incorrect, please complete the Change of Student Data form and submit it to the Student Administrative Services Center. They will assist you in ordering a new card.
Need more help?  Click here for Higher One orientation videos