Deadlines for Fiscal Year End
As we approach the end of the fiscal year, please be aware of the following fiscal year end deadlines. As a reminder, these same dates will be posted each year in UNotes.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you you do not think you will be able to make the deadlines listed below, please contact the Budget Office.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping within this timeframe, as it is your cooperation that helps make the closing of the fiscal year smoother.
For Fiscal Year-End 2016
May 27, 2016
- All Personnel Action Forms (PAF) or Employment Rosters for additional year-end assignments (T1 and F9) must be submitted on or before the date stated above in order for them to be charged in the current fiscal year. Anything submitted after the date stated above will be charged to the new/upcoming fiscal year.
- Exempt staff (A2 and A6) who are employed on an academic year schedule are required to submit Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) to the Budget Office indicating the work schedule for the new fiscal year through the normal routing process on or before the date listed above. Non-exempt staff (N2 and N4) should be processed via an ePAF with the full working scheduled included in the comment field. This is necessary to set these employees up for salary payment in the new fiscal year.
- We are committed to working towards the needs of the department; however, where feasible, please try to combine days off to a range of consecutive days or limit individual days. Academic working schedules for the new fiscal year may be completed after July 1 if the scheduled start date begins after July 1. A subsequent PAF (exempt academic year) or ePAF (non-exempt academic year) must be submitted only if changes occur after the initial PAF/ePAF was forwarded.
- Please confirm that sufficient funds are available in the budget line to ensure timely processing and payment. If you need a report showing the budget that will roll on July 1 in order to confirm budget availability, please contact the budget office.
June 3, 2016
- All faculty contracts and contract modifications for the new/upcoming fiscal year must be received in the Budget Office on or before the date stated above.
June 10, 2016
- All budget revisions (temporary and permanent) that need to be processed by the Budget Office must be submitted and/or completed on or before the date listed above. As a reminder, departments are able to move budget dollars within their org between expense accounts (accounts beginning with "6") without Budget Office approval by processing a BD05 (temporary revision) or F240 (permanent revision) transaction in FGAJVCD. Budget Revisions that require the Budget Office's approval and processing include:
- Any Budget Revisions that affects a revenue account (accounts beginning with a "4")
- Any Budget Revisions that affects a compensation account (accounts beginning with a "5")
- Any Budget Revisions that cross funds or departments / organizations
- All temporary part-time employees, including staff (F0, F5, T2 and R1), and student assignments (T3) will end as of June 30. To continue the assignments in the new fiscal year, a “Reactivate” ePAF must be submitted for the new/upcoming fiscal year. In order to complete necessary approvals and meet the payroll processing timeframes, the ePAF must be submitted on or before the date stated above
June 17, 2016
- All budget deficits must be addressed by the date listed above. Bearing in mind the various year-end Accounting and Payroll processes and deadlines, please monitor your budget and adjust it accordingly in order to avoid any deficits. Any deficits to account lines after the date listed above may result in a deficit for the end of the fiscal year and will be subject to the deficit review process.
June 30, 2016
- Any temporary (BD05) budget revisions that can be completed at the department level can be processed through the date listed above. As a reminder, departments are able to move budget dollars within their org between expense accounts (accounts beginning with "6") without Budget Office approval by processing a BD05 transaction in FGAJVCD