UHTXT is a mass notification system that enables University students, faculty, and staff to receive alerts and updates as text messages on cell phones. Participation by the University community is voluntary. It is powered by Omnilert Network e2Campus. No advertisements or non-emergency alerts will be sent to the registered phones. Your information is not shared with or sold to third parties.
You must sign up for the service in order to receive alerts. Since this is a voluntary service, you may choose to opt-in or opt-out of the service at any time. You are responsible for any text messaging charges from your wireless service provider.
Read Before Registering
- Have your University of Hartford email username and password available.
If you do not have a University username and password, click here for instructions.
- Know the name of your cell phone provider and have your cell phone with you and turned on when registering.
- Fill in the registration form. Include the area code when filling in the phone number. Click "create account." You will be sent to a web page where you must enter the validation code that you will receive via text message on the phone being registered.
- Enter this code, click "Validate" and your account will be activated.
- The registration process is not complete until you receive a validation code on the mobile phone via text message and type that code on the registration site.
- If you do not receive a validation code by text message during the registration process, check with your cell provider to ensure you are registering a number with text messaging capability.
- You only have to register one time.
- Once your account is active, you can log in to your account and:
- Change your status from active to inactive
- Change your cell phone number
- Change your cell phone provider
- The University will send one test message per semester.
To register, select the appropriate button below:
To change information about your phone number or provider, log in below:
If you have problems registering or logging in, contact the ITS Help Desk at 860.768.5999 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org