Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

External Funding

Faculty and staff members at the University often have interesting ideas about activities they want to undertake, including research studies, creative activities, teaching innovations, curriculum reform, industry or community partnerships, campus improvements, academic support programs, and the list goes on. Typically, the funds to make these ideas a reality cannot be found in our normal operating budgets, and so we turn to external entities to support us – foundations, federal programs, corporations, and/or state and municipal agencies. There are two resources on campus that can help secure such funding: the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and the Office of Institutional Advancement's Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR). This helpful summary of answers to common questions will help faculty and staff understand which of these offices to work with in order to achieve a successful outcome.