First-year honors students, incoming to the University, may apply to live in the Honors Residential Learning Community (RLC) in Hawk Hall. In this unique grouping, these 24 honors students:
- Live together on one floor of Hawk Hall.
- Enroll in a common course (e.g., Honors Philosophy 110).
- Develop close social and intellectual bonds with their peers.
- Meet weekly with the Honors Residential Assistant (RA) and monthly with the Honors Faculty Associates.
- Engage in special RLC activities, such as working at a soup kitchen, attending a campus lecture, enjoying a holiday party, and supporting the colloquium.
Application forms for the Honors RLC are included in the housing packet.