Due to winter storm conditions, the University is closed today, Tuesday, Jan. 27. Day and evening classes are canceled. An updated advisory on the status of classes and operations for tomorrow will be posted this evening. During the time that the University is closed, the Commons, Subway, and Village Market will maintain regular hours for residential dining services and the Sports Center will be open for use by residential students only. Gengras Student Union and University Libraries are closed. snow closing guide
All Hartt Community Division activities are canceled today.
current as of 9:40 a.m., Jan. 27, 2015
First-year honors students, incoming to the University, may apply to live in the Honors Residential Learning Community (RLC) in Hawk Hall. In this unique grouping, these 24 honors students:
- Live together on one floor of Hawk Hall.
- Enroll in a common course (e.g., Honors Philosophy 110).
- Develop close social and intellectual bonds with their peers.
- Meet weekly with the Honors Residential Assistant (RA) and monthly with the Honors Faculty Associates.
- Engage in special RLC activities, such as working at a soup kitchen, attending a campus lecture, enjoying a holiday party, and supporting the colloquium.
Application forms for the Honors RLC are included in the housing packet.