The Commencement for Undergraduate Programs will be held on Sunday, May 15, 2016, beginning with the main ceremony at 10 a.m. on the University Green (the large lawn area at the center of the academic buildings and student union). Following the main ceremony, graduates and guests will proceed to separate sites across campus for school and college diploma presentations.
Preliminary 2016 Diploma Presentation Sites (subject to change)
• College of Arts and Sciences: Sports Center *
• Barney School of Business: Gray Center courtyard tent
• College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions: Main site (large tent)
• College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture: Auerbach Hall lawn tent *
• Hartford Art School: Art School courtyard (if significant rain, Gengras cafeteria)
• The Hartt School: Lincoln Theater *
• Hillyer College: Millard Auditorium
• University Studies: Gengras Cafeteria (if significant rain, Wilde Auditorium)
* indicates locations showing a simulcast of the main ceremony
All diploma-presentation sites are within walking distance from the main site. For those desiring shuttle transportation to the most distant sites, handicap-accessible buses will board in front of the Hartford Art School (for those headed to the Sports Center) and in the circle in front of the Fuller Music Center (for those going to Lincoln Theater).
A simulcast of the main ceremony will be shown at multiple locations on campus, including at several of the larger diploma presentation sites. Tickets are not required to attend Commencement, with the exception of The Hartt School’s diploma presentation ceremony in Lincoln Theater.
Student residence halls will close at 5 p.m. on Commencement Sunday (for graduating seniors).