Undergraduate Learning Goals & Objectives
1. Students will demonstrate the skills necessary to effectively manage a career.
- Students will prepare an effective resume and market themselves.
- Students will be able to evaluate and select career options.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism and an understanding of etiquette.
2. Students will be prepared to operate effectively in their chosen discipline.
- Students will be able to demonstrate discipline specific skills
- Students will have discipline specific work experience.
- Students will complete an area specific learning and application project.
3.Students will be able to identify, analyze and address business challenges.
- Students will demonstrate competence in the core areas of technical analysis.
- Students will be able to apply an integrative and multidisciplinary approach to solve a business problem.
4. Students will be able to lead others to achieve organizational objectives.
- Students will contribute to a team generated solution to an organizational issue.
- Students will demonstrate leadership practices.
5. Students will be able to prepare and deliver effective oral and written presentations to persuade or inform a business audience.
- Students will prepare clear, well-written documents.
- Students will speak effectively on a business topic.
- Students will be skilled at the use of technology to enhance both oral and written presentations.
6. Each student will be able to identify and respond to ethical, social and global challenges as they relate to the business environment.
- Students will apply a framework for solving ethical dilemmas in specific business cases.
- Students will articulate contributions made by a business to the well-being of society.
- Students will be exposed to global issues by completing a restricted elective from the following list:
1. Foreign language
2. IB310 Study Abroad
3. FIN450 International Finance
4. MKT350 Multinational Marketing
5. AUCC210 Cultures and Transnational Corporations
6. EC450 International Economics
7. Other approved courses.