Undergraduate Transfer Students
The Barney School of Business wants to extend a warm welcome to all transfer students. Below you will find important information to help you in your transfer process.
- Original (unopened) transcript(s) must be sent to either the Admissions Office or Barney Academic Services – Auerbach Room 227 for each institution you attended.
- Admissions will review all transfer credits and bring your credits in as applicable. Note: credits brought into the system do not necessarily count in your program of study.
- Barney Academic Services will review all business transfer credits brought in by the University to make sure they meet our AACSB accreditation standards. A course description or syllabus from the semester you took the course may be needed for transfer approval. The Manager, Student Services and Evaluations will notify you if this is the case.
- A Barney School of Business Program of Study will be created.
- The student will meet with the Manager, Student Services and Evaluations to review the transferred credits and the Program of Study.
- Registration will occur during this meeting.
Academic Services is your primary support and a great source of information. We maintain your academic files, assist you when choosing classes each semester, and assist you in finding the answers to questions you might have or directing you to the appropriate party. Once you have declared a major, you will be assigned a faculty advisor in that department. This faculty member will guide you in the selection of your courses and provide career guidance related to your chosen field.
You may make an appointment by stopping in the office, Auerbach 227, and speaking to the front desk or calling the Manager, Student Services and Evaluations at (860) 768-5407 Students with appointments are always given first priority.