Upcoming Career Events
For details and updates please contact our office:
- 6th: Get Hired. CT's largest insurance and financial services career fair for college students! Event takes place at the Hartford Marriott Downtown. Please register.
- 10th: New Haven Police Department. Information session for entry level police officers. Held at Wilbur Cross High School Cafeteria, 181 Mitchell Drive, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Physical agility test demonstrations every hour on the hour from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Applications will be available online January 20th at policeapp.com
- 16th: BARNEY STUDENTS! National Life Group site visit. An invitation has been extended to all Barney students to attend a half-day site visit for an informational session and tour. Barney students must provide their own transportation. Event takes place from 9:30 – noon at 1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT. Additional information may be found under "events" on CareerBridge.
- 2nd: Express to Success for all sophomores and juniors. Apply to job-shadow University of Hartford alumni. Shadow opportunities run during Spring Break, March 16 – 20, 2015. Application deadline is Monday, February 2nd. To view opportunities and to apply go to: www.anchoronline.org/Express-to-Success. Questions? Call Lynn Baronas at 860.768.4388.
- 3rd: Flow Tech Information Session for all mechanical and electrical engineering students. Come learn about Flow Tech plus their internship program. Event takes place between 12:15 – 1:15 in Mali I. Please register on CareerBridge and bring a copy of your resume. Need help with your résumé? Call Career Services (860.768.4287) and schedule an appointment.
- 5th: Covidien Information Session for mechanical, electrical and biomedical engineering students. Covidien representatives will provide an overview of the company, including summer internship opportunities. Event will be held in UT 316 from noon – 2 p.m. Pizza will be served. See details on CareerBridge.
- 12th: Finalsite Information Session. NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. Glastonbury based Finalsite is a rapidly growing web development company. They are actively recruiting for internships, web content specialists, web solutions analyst, and more! Bring your résumé, ask questions, get informed! Event held in Mali I from 12:15 – 2 p.m. Additional information may be found on CareerBridge.
- 19th: CETA Mock Interview with Kaman Corp. Visit CareerBridge to view details and to register for this event.
- 23rd: LSAT Free Practice Exam. Event held between 5 – 9:15 p.m. in GSU 331. You must register for this event. See details on flyer.
- Various dates in March for Barney Students Only: Barney School of Business Mock Interviews with various companies. Please view complete list under Career Events and register on CareerBridge.
- 3rd: CETA Mock Interview with ARCADIS U.S. Visit CareerBridge to view details and to register for this event.
- 9th: CETA Mock Interview with JCJArchitecture. Visit CareerBridge to view details and to register for this event.
- 10th: Principal Panel. Education majors, come listen and ask your questions to various principals from Hartford area schools. Event held between 5 – 6:30 p.m. in GSU 331.
- 26th: Adecco Way to Work. Come meet representatives from Adecco in Suisman Lounge from 10 – 2 p.m. Let Addecco help you kick start your career!
- 30th: Pre-Law Event - Open to all students! Ellen Rutt, Associate Dean of Enrollment Management at the UCONN School of Law, will discuss the process of how to apply to law school and what admissions representatives look for in applicants. Pizza will be served. Event held in GSU 331 from 5 – 6 p.m. Please register on CareerBridge.
- 8th: Grad School Info Session. Kick off your graduate school search with a FREE presentation going over all of the basics of getting into graduate school! Please register on CareerBridge. Event held from 5 – 6 p.m. in GSU 335.