Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Student Jobs

Here are three options for students to find a part-time job during the academic year:


Federal Work-Study (FWS) jobs are financed with federal money though a program administered by the University's Office of Student Financial Assistance. Students must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine whether they are eligible for Federal Work-Study.

Eligibility for financial aid is determined by the University of Hartford's Financial Aid office. If you qualify for Federal Work-Study status, your total allowable FWS amount is specified in your Financial Aid Award Letter. Your earnings may not exceed your award. You are paid an hourly rate and receive a pay check every two weeks. Schedules and responsibilities are discussed with the immediate supervisor. All FSW students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year.

FWS assignments are made at the Work-Study Job Fair held each year in September. An email announcing the date/location of the Fair will be sent to all students in early September.  All work-study jobs will be posted on CareerBridge by the end of August.

Students -- check your financial aid packet to see if you qualify for Federal Work Study.  If you have an amount listed for Federal Work Study, search for "Federal Work Study" job postings on CareerBridge. 

In conjunction with the job fair, work-study assignments may be viewed on CareerBridge.  (Click on the JOB tab, select "Federal Work Study" under the Position Type, then "Search".) All Federal Work Study jobs will be posted on CareerBridge by the last week in August.

Additional information regarding student employment.

Any questions you might have regarding the Work-Study program please visit the Financial Aid office in the Bates House or call 860.768.4296.


CareerBridge. (click on the JOB tab, select "ON-CAMPUS" under the Position Type, then "Search".)

You may also check with the following departments in person to inquire about possible employment: 

  • Your Dean's Office
  • Sports Center
  • Lincoln Theater
  • University Libraries
  • Campus Store
  • ARAMARK Food Services (GSU 100)
  • U of H Call Center (must call 860.768.2412)


Many employers post part-time and seasonal jobs  on CareerBridge. (Click on the JOB tab, select "Part-time" or "Seasonal" under the Position Type, then "Search".)

You may also find part-time jobs in the greater Hartford area by visiting

For summer seasonal jobs, check out: