- Applicants must have an undergraduate pre-professional degree in architecture (such as a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in architecture, architectural engineering, or architectural engineering technology) from an accredited college, university, or other institution.
- Candidates must have a GPA of at least 3.0. on a 4.0 scale.
- The student's background and preparation must be such in content and scope as to indicate the ability to complete successfully the curriculum requirements.
- In some instances, students may be allowed to make up specific deficiencies after admission; however, credits earned through such work may not apply toward completion of graduate program requirements.
Apply Online - submit the following items
- An on-line application: http://banweb.hartford.edu/pls/prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 for domestic students
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework forwarded to the University of Hartford
- International transcripts must be evaluated through the World Education Services/WES at http://www.wes.org
- A letter of aspiration
- 3 letters of recommendation
- An uploaded digital portfolio of representative school work in architecture or professional architectural projects
- Official TOEFL score forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code 3436 (International Students Only). The minimum score expected is 79-80 TOEFL iBT, http://www.ets.org. IELTS is also accepted with a minimum score of 6.5, http://www.ielts.org.
- Guarantor’s Statement (International Students Only). The cost to study for one year (2 semesters) within the University of Hartford’s Master of Architecture program is $30,745. This figure does include an estimate for living expenses. As part of the application, an international student MUST prove that he/she has this amount of money through a bank statement. This statement is also used to issue the student an I-20 form.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Daniel Davis, Graduate Program Director, 860-768-4094
Ann Lankford, Director of Student Services, 860-768-4339