Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Mechanical Engineering Technology
program prepares men and women for productive rewarding technical careers in the engineering profession as well as for a wide range of other career paths, such as business, management, and education. During their careers our alumni
- will become successful practicing engineering technologists in a wide range of technical fields and will advance professionally by accepting responsibilities and, potentially, pursuing leadership roles;
- will advance their technical knowledge, both formally and informally, by engaging in lifelong learning experiences;
- will as contributing members of multidisciplinary teams, successfully apply the fundamentals of mathematics, science, and the latest engineering technology practice to the testing, production, and design implementation of technical devices and systems, as well as to the development of emerging technologies;
- will carry out their work with due regard for the professional, ethical and social responsibilities inherent in the practice of engineering technology; and
- will successfully integrate theory and practical applications.