Becoming a Club or Organization
If you are a new or existing group you will need to have a good understanding of our requirements. You can find these below, and then follow the register link to apply or update your group's information.
- Clubs/Organizations must fill out a club registration form each year. If there is a change in contact information between the start and end of the sitting board a club representative must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clubs/Organizations must hold consistent meetings.
- Clubs/Organizations must have at least 15 full time University of Hartford undergraduate members.
- Clubs/Organizations must have an up-to-date constitution on file with SGA. If you do not, you can download a sample constitution to assist with creating one.
- Clubs/Organizations must have an advisor.
- Clubs/Organizations who request a budget must conduct at least 2 fundraisers throughout the year. Each fundraiser must make a profit. These fundraisers can either be conducted in the same semester, or one per semester.
- Clubs/Organizations must have at least 2 events open to the entire student body. These events can be conducted in the same semester or one per semester.
- Clubs/Organizations must complete and submit all paperwork required by the Executive Vice President and the Finance Vice President.
- Registration Form (one time per year)
- Budget Form (one time per year; only accepted in March)
- Allocation Form (for any expenses throughout the year)
- Club or Organization Constitution
- Monthly Reporting (continuous throughout the school year)
- Clubs/Organizations must clean out their mailbox twice per week.
- Clubs/Organizations must send a representative to mandatory club meetings/mandatory SGA events.
- Clubs/Organizations must place the SGA logo on all publicized material.
- Clubs/Organizations must give all money from fundraisers to June Krippner in either cash or check (made out to the University of Hartford) form to be deposited in their account.
- Must be open to all undergraduate students.
- Club/Organizations must have a University of Hartford email account in order to be recognized under SGA.
Please note: Failure to meet any of the Clubs/Organization requirements can result in freezing your account.
Failure to meet any of the Club/Organization requirements can affect the next year’s budget. Please contact Carlos Wilder or Cassandra Fowlie at extension 4775.