More Campus News
- Fall Commencement to Take Place Sunday
- Hartt Dance Student to Appear at The Bushnell This Weekend
- Renowned Vocalists Patricia Schuman and David Pittsinger to Teach Master Class
- HAS Holiday Ceramics Sale – Opening Reception Saturday
Campaign Registers Hundreds of New Voters
Approximately 550 students have already registered to vote through the Center for Community Service's Hawks Vote 2012 campaign, and there will be many more opportunities to sign up over the next three weeks.
Students who want to register to vote can stop by the Center for Community Service in GSU Room 209 anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you are registering to vote in Connecticut, the deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 23, at 2 p.m. (Check with the Center for Community Service on deadlines for other states.)
In addition to stopping by the Center for Community Service, students also can register at voter registration tables that will be set up on campus on the following dates:
– Thursday, Oct. 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Volunteer Fair in Suisman Lounge, GSU
– Tuesday, Oct. 9, from 4 to 6 p.m. in Alumni Plaza
– Wednesday, Oct. 17, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge, GSU
– Thursday, Oct. 18, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge, GSU
– Saturday, Oct. 20, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. outside the Commons, and from 3 to 4:30 p.m. on the E- and F-Complex lawn
– Tuesday, Oct. 23 (last day to register), from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge, GSU
You can register to vote using your University of Hartford address, or register to vote in your hometown.
All students who register at one of the voter registration tables on campus or at the Center for Community Service will receive a free “Hawks Vote 2012” T-shirt. Faculty and staff can buy the T-shirts from the Center for Community Service (GSU 209) for $5 each.
On Election Day – Tuesday, Nov. 6 – the Center for Community Service will provide free transportation to the Hartford and West Hartford polling places. The Center also will host an Election Day barbecue on the GSU patio.
Visit the Hawks Vote 2012 website for comprehensive information about registering to vote, where to go to vote, how to vote by absentee ballot, what you need to do before Election Day, and much more.