More Campus News
- It's Snowing. How Do I Find Out If Classes Are Canceled?
- Student-Athletes to Help Bring Financial Education to Hartford Children
- Music and Book Sale at Allen Library
- Black Named Interim Dean of A&S
Hawktober Weekend is Coming!
Reunions, open houses, alumni music and crafts, sports, a student a cappella and comedy performance, and the Public Radio quiz show “Says You!” are among the wide range of events scheduled for Hawktober Weekend, Oct. 12-14.
Hawktober Weekend, which combines Homecoming and Parents Weekend, will consist of three activity-packed days on campus. Members of the University community are encouraged to bring their friends and families, and take part in the festivities!
See the complete schedule of activities for Hawktober Weekend.
Highlights of Hawktober Weekend will include:
– A live performance of the Public Radio quiz show, “Says You!”, which will be recorded for broadcast around the country
– A “Hawkadelic '60s Night” at Konover Campus Center
– A Saturday night performance by student a cappella groups and a student improvisational comedy troupe
– The Anchor Awards ceremony and career panel, celebrating the professional achievements of some of the University’s best and brightest alumni
– “Classes Without Quizzes,” a traditional favorite in which guests have the opportunity to experience University classes as if they were students.
– The Hog River Arts Festival, featuring hand-crafted jewelry, photography, decorative arts and much more. For information about how to sell your work at the Hog River Arts Festival, contact Stefania Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
– A Musician Spotlight featuring an array of student musicians who will be performing throughout the afternoon.
– An array of performing arts, including a free concert by Performance 20/20, featuring The Hartt School’s premier chamber music students; a concert celebrating the retirement of Hartt faculty member and composer Stephen Michael Gryc; and performances of The Cherry Orchard by Hartt Theatre Division students.
– A wide range of athletic events, including Division I volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, and softball; alumni lacrosse and men’s soccer games; an Athletics Hawktoberfest; and Midnight Mania, your first chance to see the 2012-13 men’s and women’s basketball teams.
– A juried exhibition of works by Hartford Art School alumni in the Silpe Gallery
– A Saturday afternoon barbecue on the Gengras Lawn; a Sunday jazz brunch; a wide range of reunions, receptions, and open houses; and much more!