More Campus News
- Celebrate Martin Luther King's Legacy on Jan. 20
- Wear Green Ribbons Friday to Honor Sandy Hook Victims
- WELFund Welcomes New Team Members
- ENHP Rehabilitation Science Students to Present Research Projects Friday
Spring Observer Now Online
Visit the Observer website at www.hartford.edu/observer to learn all about the Art School addition, to be known as The Renée Samuels Center. This exciting project will allow art students to fully explore the new media of digital technology in a space that promotes interaction among a variety of artistic disciplines. A groundbreaking ceremony for The Renée Samuels Center will take place on Tuesday, June 20, at 11 a.m., in front of the Hartford Art School’s Taub Hall.
Other highlights of the Spring 2006 issue of the Observer include:
- An article on a new All-University Curriculum (AUC) course that takes a multidisciplinary look at the problem of obesity. The course, offered for the first time during the spring 2006 semester, is taught by Associate Professor of Biology Jacob Harney and Hillyer College biology instructor and registered dietician Marissa Cloutier.
- An article by April Oettinger, assistant professor of art history, on her travels in Italy with 26 University of Hartford students for a Winterterm course called “The Culture of Renaissance Italy.”
- A story about two students, Mark Goodell of The Hartt School and Chris Heerema of CETA, who interned with NBC sound crews during the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy.
- A Q&A with women’s basketball Head Coach Jennifer Rizzotti.