More Campus News
- Acclaimed Saxophonist to Lead McLean Institute of Jazz
- A Record 37 Students Graduate From University Honors Program
- Class of 2013 Encouraged to 'Think for Yourselves'
- 'Be Courageous,' Dadlez Urges at Graduate Commencement
Summer Construction Projects
Thanks to the hard work of the Facilities Department, a variety of improvements have been made throughout campus in recent months. They include:
- Construction of an attractive new courtyard between E and F complexes. Much of the concrete that had dominated the courtyard has been replaced by grass.
- Renovation and repair of the plaza in front of the University Commons.
- Grading and replacement of the walkway that leads from E and F complexes toward the University Commons, in order to make it wider and less steep.
- Construction of a new sidewalk through the central part of the academic side of campus.
- Rebuilding of the campus loop road between The Hartt School and the Facilities/Public Safety building.
- Renovation of classrooms in The Hartt School and in Hillyer Hall.
- Renovation of bathrooms on the main floor of Hillyer Hall and renovation of some of the central spaces in Hillyer.
Also completed this summer was the renovation of Al-Marzook Field, including the installation of high-tech, all-weather turf and the construction of new bleachers. Al-Marzook Field is used for soccer and lacrosse, and the new field will be inaugurated this evening (Friday, Sept. 2) at 7 p.m., when the women’s soccer team plays its first home game of the season.
Construction is now under way on a baseball field and a new softball field, both of which are scheduled to be completed in time for the spring 2006 season.