More News for Students
- Sheff to Speak at Fall Commencement
- Apply Now to Become an RFA!
- Apply for 'Express to Success' Spring Break Mentoring Program
- Schedule Your Final Exams at Learning Plus -- Friday Deadline!
Goodwin Summer Scholars Program Announced
Submitted by Jennifer Sanborn
Dorothy Goodwin Scholars will be creative self-starters with a compelling research question who meet the criteria below:
– Women students who are sophomores or juniors (rising
juniors or seniors) in any school or college of the
University of Hartford studying any academic discipline are
eligible to apply.
– Applicants must be in good academic standing (3.0 or
above for overall GPA; 3.5 or above for major).
– Student(s) must propose an original scholarly or
creative project that will be explored in partnership with a
University of Hartford faculty member in the summer of 2010
for a minimum of 10 weeks, 20 hours per week. (Research will
likely take place on campus, but might also be pursued in
other geographic locations if appropriate for the
participants and the project.)
Proposal deadline (includes an application from students and faculty mentors) is February 22, 2010.
A detailed description of the application guidelines, review
process, and award benefits and expectations is available on the WELFund website, at www.hartford.edu/welf. Please contact WELFund Director Jennifer Sanborn, at 860.768.5471 or firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or to express
WELFund is a legacy program of Hartford College for Women,
and offers grants, programs, and scholarships that serve as
catalysts for women's personal and professional growth.
Learn more at www.hartford.edu/welf, or by becoming a fan of WELFund on Facebook.