- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Final Exam Accommodations at Learning Plus
Learning Plus: FINAL EXAMS May 5 -11, 2010
Test accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis for students who have LD/ADHD/ASD by Lynne Golden, the Director of Learning Plus, and for students who have other impairments, including chronic medical issues, blindness, deafness, or psychological conditions, by Suzanne Anderson-McNeil, Assistant Vice President for Student Health and Wellness. Most exams that require special accommodations are administered at Learning Plus (A209, 860.768.4312).
There is a procedure to access exam accommodations at Learning Plus:
Step 1: The student submits a Letter of Disclosure to the professor during the early part of the semester; the approved test accommodations are indicated on the Letter of Disclosure.
Step 2: The student is required to make a test reservation, in person with a Learning Plus Administrator, to take the exam in Learning Plus (A209) no later than April 30, 2010.
– Students who have not made test reservations by April 30th will take their FINAL EXAMS with their classmates.
Step 1: Once the test reservation is made, the student will receive a Green Sheet to fill out.
Step 2: The student submits a completed Green Sheet to the professor no later than one week prior to the exam.
Step 3: The professor completes the bottom portion of the Green Sheet, including specific instructions for test administration, eg: written notification that the student is allowed to use one page of notes; or that the FINAL EXAM is open-book; or that the student may use a scientific calculator.
– Please note: students will not have Internet access and therefore will not have access to Blackboard, websites, or email accounts.
– The instructor will include a phone number or another way to be contacted during the time that the exam is being administered by Learning Plus in case a problem arises. Faculty members' personal phone numbers will not be shared with students.
Step 4: The professor submits the FINAL EXAM with the Green Sheet and all related test materials (answer sheets, graph paper, etc) to Learning Plus (A209) a minimum of one business day in advance of the exam's administration:
– The instructor will retrieve the completed exam within 24 hours after it is administered by Learning Plus. Any exams that remain at Learning Plus after 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11, will be delivered to Public Safety, and must be retrieved there by the professor.
Learning Plus Hours of Operation and Time-Related Information for Final Exams
During Spring 2010 Final Exams, Learning Plus office hours are 8:45am - 6:15pm Monday-Friday, and 8:45 am-6:15 pm, Saturday, 8:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
– Although Learning Plus exam administration times do not mirror standard exam administration times, students are required to take their exams on the same day and at approximately the same time as the standard exams.
– Students who are eligible for extended time may not have unlimited time. The amount of extended time that is permitted is indicated on the student's Letter of Disclosure as well as on the Green Sheet.
– A student who is eligible for 1.5x will have 3 hours in which to complete the exam; a student who is eligible for 2x will have 4 hours in which to complete the exam.
– Please note: a student who completes an exam prior to the standard start-time of an exam will be required to remain at Learning Plus until 5 minutes after class has begun the exam unless the professor provides Learning Plus written permission on the Green Sheet to dismiss a student earlier.
Learning Plus Exam Times
– Morning exams whose standard start-times are 8am or 11am will be administered at Learning Plus promptly at 9am.
– Afternoon exams whose standard start-times are 2pm, 4pm or 5pm will be administered at Learning Plus promptly at 2pm.
– Saturday AM exams will be administered promptly at 9am.
– Saturday PM exams will be administered promptly at 1 pm.
Students taking evening exams must make special arrangements with their professors.
– Late arrival policy: A student who arrives more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to enter the test site. Therefore the student will not be allowed to take the exam at Learning Plus. If such a situation occurs, it is the student's responsibility to contact the professor immediately. The instructor will determine whether or not the student may "make-up" the exam. Please note: Learning Plus does not administer "make up" exams.
Requests to take exams at times/days other than the University's scheduled exams will be denied: Exam accommodations are provided to mitigate the impact of disabilities, not to facilitate travel/vacation plans.
Academic integrity is expected. If there is a suspicion of academic impropriety, the student will be required to relinquish the FINAL EXAM to the Learning Plus administrator at once, and will be dismissed from the test site. The professor will determine the academic consequence of the student's action. A Learning Plus student who compromises the integrity of an exam will be required to hire a University approved proctor for future exams/tests.