More Campus News
- Relive Commencement in Words and Pictures
- Silpe Gallery Exhibiting Work by Noted Designer Alexander Isley
- Students and Teachers Honored at Greenberg Center Awards Ceremony
- In Memoriam: Kenneth Berry, Former Director of PsyD Program
2005 Graduate Wins Student Employee Award
The award honors an outstanding student employee in a college union/student activities operation who meets the following criteria:
- Must be a paid student employee working in the college union.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a degree program.
- Student must have worked for at least two semesters by time of the Fall Region 1 conference.
- Student makes a significant contribution to his or her work environment on campus.
- Student’s work contribution makes a positive impact on the university community.
- Student demonstrates excellent or outstanding employment traits such as honesty, credibility, punctuality, focus, responsibility, professionalism, strong conflict management, organizational skills and supervisory skills.
- Student consistently provides quality service to others.
Eng graduated in May with a B.A. in Communication, with an emphasis in advertising. “We consider him to be a valued legacy to this department and the university through new technology age demands,” said Joseph Comeau, director of Student Centers and Activities. “The Campus Concierge website has gained national attention, as several universities have contacted me throughout the summer to learn more about this customer service concept. These calls were attributed to the detail of our website.”
During his time at the university, Eng also served as president of Sigma Nu fraternity; founder of “Stop Laughing Mom,” a campus improv comedy troupe; a two-year member of the Hartford College Bowl Team; and recipient of the F. Kevin Fahey Outstanding Student Employee Award for Student Centers and Activities.