Dear faculty and staff,
Students will begin moving in on Friday, Aug. 29, and move-in will continue through Monday, Sept. 1.
Please be aware of the following changes in traffic patterns and parking on those dates, and plan your commute accordingly.
Friday, Aug. 29
Orientation Session 5 will take place on Friday, Aug. 29. We are expecting approximately 200 families to arrive between 8 a.m. and noon. Families will proceed through the main entrance (at the stoplight on Bloomfield Avenue) and along the road to B lot. The north entrance to campus will be closed.
In order to ease morning traffic and parking concerns, we ask that:
- You use the Mark Twain Drive entrance to arrive Friday morning. The Mark Twain Drive entrance is accessible from Albany Avenue, and comes out next to the Facilities/Public Safety building. (See campus map)
- You park in lots other than B-lot, and if you use C- or D-lot please see the SCA lot attendant for location to park as we will be staging Move-In vehicles in these lots.
In addition to the traffic for Orientation and the normal morning traffic, we expect traffic for the University of Hartford Magnet School will be accessing campus from the stoplight on Bloomfield Avenue. Your assistance will help ease campus traffic congestion and reduce frustration.
Changes in Traffic Patterns From Aug. 29–Sept. 1
From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 29, through Monday, Sept. 1:
- The north entrance (Bloomfield Avenue entrance without the traffic light) will be closed.
- On-campus traffic will be one-way beginning at the access road leading to the rear of B-Complex up to N-lot both Friday 8/29 and Saturday 8/30. Those who work or have appointments on the residential side of campus will be allowed to park on that side of campus (except behind B-Complex) but will have to exit campus via Mark Twain Drive.
- Mark Twain Drive should be used by faculty and staff to enter campus (See campus map). All other drivers who try to enter campus by Mark Twain Drive will be turned around to enter on Bloomfield Avenue.
- If you normally park in Lots A, B, C, or D, be aware that those lots will be staging areas for arriving students and their parents. Because those lots will be crowded, please park in any legal parking space that you find.
- Inbound to Hartford Connecticut Transit buses that usually stop on campus will instead stop across the street on Bloomfield Avenue during the times the north entrance is closed.
Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
Sergeant Michael J. Lovley, Sr.
Department of Public Safety