More Campus News
- Black Named Interim Dean of A&S
- Sen. Chris Murphy to Host Interactive Program on Federal Deficit
- Author Peter Janney to Discuss his Book About JFK Assassination -- TONIGHT
- Barney School Hosts T-Shirt Design Contest
Our Best Work: A Celebration of Innovation in Teaching and Learning
The Office of the Provost and the Distinguished Teaching Humanist are pleased to present an opportunity to learn in an informal setting about some of the interesting innovations undertaken by your colleagues in the last year.
Our Best Work: A Celebration of Innovation in Teaching and Learning will take place on Tuesday, March 12, in Regents Commons, Shaw Center at Hillyer College, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. A reception and conversation with presenters will be held from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m.
All full-time and part-time faculty are welcome to attend. The room will be set up with tables, posters and other materials so you can move around at your own pace. Presenters will be available from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m. to explain their work further and answer questions. Feel free to join in anytime during the day and stay for as long or as little as your schedule allows.
Presenters will include recipients of the Innovations in Teaching and Learning Awards, Engaged Learning Fellowships, and Educational Technology Grants.
Topics covered will include:
• Service-Learning in a Capstone Course
• Composition for Theater
• Teaching Reflective Writing in Service-Learning
• Time Based Media in Design
• Dance for Camera
• Thoreau’s Cell Phone Experiment
• Digital Approaches to Teaching Problem Solving
• Energizing Student Engagement through Film
• More Fun in Learning Mathematics
• Flipping the Engineering Classroom
• Personal Response Systems
If you have any questions, please contact Frederick Sweitzer at email@example.com or 860.768.4504.