More Campus News
- Black Named Interim Dean of A&S
- Sen. Chris Murphy to Host Interactive Program on Federal Deficit
- Author Peter Janney to Discuss his Book About JFK Assassination -- TONIGHT
- Barney School Hosts T-Shirt Design Contest
Dance Students Awarded Dizzy Feet Foundation Scholarships
The Dizzy Feet Foundation has once again honored The Hartt School Dance Division by presenting two Dance Division students with its top award.
Rebecca DeNies '14 and Sheila Huggins '14 each received a scholarship of $10,000 from the Dizzy Feet Foundation. The Hartt School is one of only a few select institutions invited to nominate candidates.
Dizzy Feet Foundation was founded in 2009 by Nigel Lythgoe, Adam Shankman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Katie Holmes, among others, to support, improve, and increase access to dance education in the United States. Guided by a board representing all aspects of the American dance community, the foundation’s mission is threefold:
– To sponsor, fund, and/or support dance education programs which expose children in low-income areas to the lifelong benefits of dance education through and with local community organizations
– To provide scholarships to talented students studying at accredited or nationally regarded dance schools, studios, or institutions
– In conjunction with recognized credentialing organizations, to support and increase the quality of all styles of dance education in the United States.