More Campus News
- Celebrate Martin Luther King's Legacy on Jan. 20
- Wear Green Ribbons Friday to Honor Sandy Hook Victims
- WELFund Welcomes New Team Members
- ENHP Rehabilitation Science Students to Present Research Projects Friday
Sign Up For Text Message Alerts
All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to sign up for the University’s text message alert system. If you have previously signed up, you should make sure your membership has not expired.
In the event of an emergency, those who have signed up for the service and have active accounts will receive alerts and updates via text message on their cell phones. Weather-related closings are also announced through the text message system.
You must sign up for the service in order to receive alerts. Since this is a voluntary service, you may choose to opt-in or opt-out at any time.
If You Have Not Signed Up Before: To sign up for the UHTXT text message alert system, go to www.hartford.edu/alert. Use your University of Hartford e-mail username and password to register.
If You Have Previously Signed Up: If you signed up for the UHTXT text message alert system in the past, you should check your account to make sure your registration has not expired.
When you originally signed up for the text message alerts, you were asked to select an “opt-out date.” Once that date passes, your membership expires.
To check the status of your membership:
– Go to www.hartford.edu/alert.
– Use your University of Hartford e-mail username and password to log in. (If your e-mail password has changed, you should still use the password that you had when you originally signed up for the text message alerts.)
– If your account has expired, you will be given the option of extending your membership and choosing a new “opt-out date.”