More Campus News
- Fall Commencement to Take Place Sunday
- Hartt Dance Student to Appear at The Bushnell This Weekend
- Renowned Vocalists Patricia Schuman and David Pittsinger to Teach Master Class
- HAS Holiday Ceramics Sale – Opening Reception Saturday
It's Hawktober Weekend!
The alumni band Bronze Radio Return will give a free concert tonight (Friday) in the Liberty Mutual Tent on the Campus Green.
Reunions, music and art, sports, a 5K run/walk, and shows by alumni band Bronze Radio Return and comedian Paula Poundstone are among the wide range of events scheduled for Hawktober Weekend, which begins today (Friday) and runs through Sunday.
Hawktober Weekend, which combines Homecoming and Parents Weekend, will consist of three activity-packed days on campus. Alumni, parents, and all members of the University community are encouraged to bring their friends and families, and take part in the festivities!
See the complete schedule of activities for Hawktober Weekend.
Following are some of the many highlights of Hawktober Weekend:
– A free concert by alumni band Bronze Radio Return (Friday, 7:30 p.m., Liberty Mutual Tent on the Campus Green)
– A Saturday night comedy show featuring comedian Paula Poundstone (Saturday, 9 p.m., Lincoln Theater. Buy tickets.)
– The presentation of the Alumni Anchor Awards, celebrating the professional achievements of some of the University's best and brightest alumni (Saturday, 3 to 4:45 p.m., Wilde Auditorium)
– A class about the music of the Beatles, presented by Hartt School faculty member Michael Schiano (Saturday, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Mortensen Library's KF Room)
– A talk by President Walter Harrison, titled "One University: Distinctive by Design" (Saturday, 11 a.m., Liberty Mutual Tent on the Campus Green)
– The Hog River Arts Festival, featuring hand-crafted jewelry, photography, decorative arts and much more (Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Liberty Mutual Tent on the Campus Green)
– The Hartford Art School Juried Alumni Exhibition in the Silpe Gallery
– A wide range of athletics events, including men's and women's basketball open practices and Q&As with the coaches; alumni games in softball, lacrosse, baseball and soccer; a men's soccer game with a special Hawktoberfest tailgate menu; and a women's soccer game and post-game barbecue.
– A 5K run/walk, with proceeds benefiting the Hartford cross country and track and field teams (Sunday starting at 9 a.m. in front of the Sports Center)
– A Saturday afternoon barbecue on the Gengras Lawn; a Sunday jazz brunch; a wide range of reunions, receptions, and open houses; and much more!