- EAP Newsletter: 'Signs of an Addictive Disorder'
- United Healthcare Member Sweepstakes
- Important Budget Office Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End
- HRD Working to Correct Overcharge on Generic Drug Co-pays
Service-Learning Workshop for Faculty on Jan. 18
MAKING IT HAPPEN IN YOUR CLASSROOM
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Harry Jack Gray Center
The Office of the Provost is pleased to offer a full-day workshop on the basics of service-learning. Come with an idea or inspiration, leave with the basics of a course. The workshop is open to all full- and part-time faculty and staff, and lunch will be provided. Topics will include:
– Using service-learning to enhance academic learning and civic engagement
– The mechanics of building a service-learning component into your class
– Reflective techniques and activities for turning service into learning
– Preparing students for service
– Resources for service-learning placements
– Assessment of service-learning
University of Hartford faculty members currently running service-learning classes will speak about their experiences. At the end of the day, each participant will walk out with a blueprint for their service-learning class in hand.
The session will be facilitated by Deb Kidder, the University of Hartford Service-Learning Faculty Fellow (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Fred Sweitzer, Assistant Provost and Dean of Faculty Development (email@example.com). For more information contact either facilitator.
To reserve a spot in the workshop, contact Cheryl MacMath at 860.768.4504 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, Jan. 12.