Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program
The Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program (HSBTAP) helps strengthen and grow Hartford businesses by developing a customized plan for each company based upon its needs. Center experts conduct a site visit and assessment to get an in-depth perspective; offer individual appointments with business advisors and technical specialists; and host small group seminars.
The goal of HSBTAP is to help keep small businesses in Hartford and establish them on solid ground, where they can blossom and succeed.
Contact us today to apply for this program! Click here or call 860.768.5681.
Customized services include free business advising, technical assistance, and training in:
- Marketing strategy
- Social media campaign
- Website improvement
- Business plan development including operations, financial and marketing plans
- Financial management training including pricing, estimating process, and more
- Loan packaging
- Operations including time management, office organization, manuals and lean management
- QuickBooks bookkeeping software and training
- Human resources
- Employment legal issues/contracts
- General business legal assistance
- Government contracting training and assistance
- Exporting education and assistance
- Tax training and assistance
The Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program is funded in part with Community Development Block Grant funds allocated to University of Hartford's Entrepreneurial Center by the City of Hartford.