Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program
The Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program (HSBTAP) helps strengthen and grow businesses through 1-on-1 appointments with business and technical advisors. HSBTAP services are free.
Contact us today to apply for this program! Click here or call 860.768.5681.
Customized services are offered in:
- Marketing strategy
- Social media campaign
- Website improvement
- Business plan development including operations, financial and marketing plans
- Financial management training including pricing, estimating process, and more
- Loan packaging
- Operations including time management, office organization, manuals and lean management
- QuickBooks bookkeeping software and training
- Human resources
- Employment legal issues/contracts
- General business legal assistance
- Government contracting training and assistance
- Exporting education and assistance
- Tax training and assistance
- Business must have a physical address in Hartford or a commitment to locate in Hartford within 90 days (Home-based businesses included)
- Customer-base must include low-to-moderate-income Hartford residents
The Hartford Small Business Technical Assistance Program is funded in part with Community Development Block Grant funds allocated to University of Hartford's Entrepreneurial Center by the City of Hartford.