Small Business Saturday - Success in 2016
The Entrepreneurial Center is proud to support Small Business Saturday®, the day dedicated to celebrating small, local businesses.
Small Business Saturday 2016 key result:112 million consumers shop and dine – more than ever before
- As Small Business Saturday wrapped up its seventh year on Saturday, November 26th, the outpouring of support for local businesses across the country hit record highs with 72% of U.S. consumers aware of the day.
- This year, an estimated 112 million consumers reported shopping at small businesses on Small Business Saturday, marking a 13 percent increase from 2015.
- More than 6,700 Neighborhood Champions from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast and from the Pacific Northwest to New England rallied local businesses and created events in their communities for Small Business Saturday — an increase of 63 percent over last year.
- Additionally, the estimated number of small business owners reached through the Neighborhood Champion program was 2.1 million.
- More than 480 organizations joined the Small Business Saturday Coalition, a 13 percent increase over last year.
- Consumers came together to show their love for small businesses on Small Business Saturday. Among those who shopped on the day, 32% reported attending a community event, and 81% reported encouraging friends or family to shop or dine at small, independently-owned retailers and restaurants on the day as well, both on par with 2015.
Elected Officials across the U.S. Show Their Support
- President Obama issued a letter recognizing Small Business Saturday in 2016.
- Elected officials in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. championed Small Business Saturday.
- A total of 288 Federal Officials and Agencies showed support for Small Business Saturday through posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- The United States Senate unanimously passed a resolution designating November 26th, 2016, as Small Business Saturday.
- 651 City proclamations in support of Small Business Saturday were issued by mayors and other elected officials in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- Nine Public Service Announcements encouraging the public to “Shop Small” were recorded by government officials across the nation.
Read the full press release here.
NEED HELP DEVELOPING YOUR MARKETING STRATEGY? COME IN FOR A Free Business Advising APOINTMENT:
To set up a free appointment, call 860.768.5681 or click here.
Entrepreneurial Center business advisors are available to help you develop your promotions campaign. Whether you need to develop campaign ideas or plan how to finance the campaign, we are here to help.