Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
You must hold a completed master's degree in a related field by the start of your program. We prefer that you have professional experience (minimum of 3 years). Applicants should also have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 in their master’s program.
Applying to the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership is a two-phase process.
To complete the initial phase of the, submit the following materials:
- Application for Admission
- Writing sample (e.g., publication, research paper written in master’s program, master’s thesis)
- Personal statement
- Supplemental essay (maximum 750 words): Describe an issue higher and secondary education institutions are facing, or a problem of practice related to higher education, that is important and timely. What is the significance of this issue and what aspect(s) of it need further attention from researchers, practitioners, and/or policymakers?
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts (from all issuing college-level institutions)
- Three professional references
- Application fee
Faculty members in the program review applications on a rolling basis, typically once a month.
Once the faculty has reviewed an application, you may receive notification requesting an interview with a member of the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership faculty. The admission interview is the last phase in the application process.