Students applying to the elementary education program are accepted for admission in either the fall or the spring semester. Although there are no strict application deadlines, we encourage you to send your applications to be received by December 1 for entrance in January and by March 1 for entrance in September.
In general, a successful candidate for admission to the University of Hartford:
- must be a graduate of, or student who will be graduated from, an accredited secondary school, or have passed a state secondary-school equivalency examination;
- must complete and submit an application form and the application fee;
- must submit an official transcript of the secondary school record and official college transcripts (if any);
- must submit official SAT or ACT test results; and
- is encouraged (but not required) to schedule a personal interview and attend a group information session.
For admission to programs in the Department of Education, 16 units of secondary subjects are expected and should include the following as minimal:
English 4 units
Social studies 2 units
One language 2 units
Science 2 units
Mathematics 2 units (including 1 unit of algebra)
Other academic subjects 4 units
Office of Admission and Financial Aid