Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search


Transferring into the Integrated Elementary and Special Education Program

To transfer into a teacher education program as a junior (48 credits or more), you must show evidence of having passed or been waived from PRAXIS CORE. You also need to complete the Application for Professional Programs and have achieved a minimum of 3.0 grade point average (GPA) from your previous coursework. Your ability to complete your program in 2 calendar years will depend on the specific courses required to complete your program and your flexibility regarding summer coursework. We would be happy to review your records and map out a sample plan of study. Please contact the Office Coordinator in the Department of Education to be directed to the appropriate faculty member.

Silvia Baptista
Office Coordinator
Department of Education 
College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions

You may also contact the University of Hartford admissions counselor responsible for reviewing transfer applications for the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions.  Transfer website