Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content

Transferring into the Secondary Education (English) Program

To transfer into a teacher education program as a junior (48 credits or more), you must show evidence of having passed or been waived from PRAXIS I. You also need to complete the Application for Professional Programs and have achieved a minimum of 2.67 (B-) grade point average (gpa) from your previous coursework. Your ability to complete your program in two calendar years will depend on the specific courses required to complete your program and your flexibility regarding summer coursework. We would be happy to review your records and map out a sample plan of study. Please contact the Office Coordinator in the Department of Education to be directed to the appropriate faculty member.

Lisa Carlson, Office Coordinator
Department of Education and Human Services
College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions

You may also contact the University of Hartford Admissions Counselor responsible for reviewing transfer applications for the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions.  Transfer Website