Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, you are best served by submitting your application by the following priority filing dates: April 15 (to begin in summer or fall) and November 15 (to begin in spring).
Graduate admission requirements for the Master of Science in Nursing are as follows:
- Completion of online application
- Nonrefundable application fee of $50
- Evidence of current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Connecticut. RNs who hold licensure in states other than Connecticut do not need to apply for Connecticut licensure to be admitted.
- Bachelor's degree from a nursing program accredited by NLNAC or CCNE. Nurses who hold a bachelor's degree outside the field of nursing may apply.
- Undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or completion of 6 credits at the graduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.3
- Minimum of one year of clinical practice
- Official transcripts for all college-level work forwarded to the University of Hartford
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from an academic source and one from a professional source
- Letter of intent
- Current résumé
If you have graduated from the University of Hartford's RN to BSN program in the past three years and have a minimum 3.0 GPA, you may qualify for automatic admission to our master's program in nursing. Please contact Graduate Admission, Center for Adult and Academic Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.