Health Science Pre-Chiropractic
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Chiropractic articulation program between the University of Hartford (UHart) and New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) must be academically outstanding students with strong, realistic motivation toward the chiropractic profession.
Acceptance to the program normally requires a student to
- Maintain at least a B average overall and in the sciences during the first three years of high school;
- Rank in the upper 20 percent of the student's high school class;
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1000 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
To be eligible for admission to New York Chiropractic College, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Send a letter of intent to NYCC upon matriculation at the University of Hartford.
- Complete at least 90 credits of coursework, including all necessary prerequisites, at the University of Hartford by the end of the third year at UHart.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 overall, with a minimum grade of C in all required courses.
- Submit an application for admission to NYCC at the beginning of the final year of pre-professional studies at UHart.
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to NYCC from the health science, pre-chiropractic advisor.
- Complete all application procedures including a satisfactory interview with members of the Admissions Committee at NYCC.