Health Science Pre-Osteopathic Medicine Program
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Osteopathic Medicine articulation program between the University of Hartford and the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) must demonstrate outstanding academic potential, maturity, and motivation for the pursuit of osteopathic studies.
Acceptance to the program normally requires a student to
- Maintain at least a 3.5 grade point average (GPA) in the sciences and overall during first three years of high school;
- Rank in the upper 20 percent of the student's high school class;
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1250 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Admission to UNECOM's Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program is ultimately decided by UNECOM. In order to be eligible for admission a student must
- Send a letter of intent to UNECOM upon matriculation at the University of Hartford;
- Complete at least 90 credits of coursework, including necessary prerequisites, by the end of the third year at the University of Hartford;
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4* overall, with a minimum grade of C in all required courses;
- Submit an application for admission to UNECOM at the end of the second year of pre-professional studies at the University of Hartford;
- Show satisfactory performance on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or any other examinations required by UNECOM (26 on the MCAT);
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to UNECOM from the Premedical Professions Advisory Committee at the University of Hartford;
- Complete a satisfactory interview with UNECOM's Admissions Committee and participate in any orientation programs required by UNECOM.
*The University of Hartford's course repeat policy will not apply to the calculation of the cumulative and science GPA.
Contact the Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance