Pre-Pharmacy Health Science Program
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Pharmacy articulation program between the University of Hartford (UHart) and the Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy (NDM-SOP) must be academically outstanding students with strong, realistic motivation toward the pharmacy profession.
Acceptance to the program normally requires a student to
- Maintain at least a B average overall and in the sciences during the first three years of high school;
- Rank in the upper 10 percent of the student's high school class;
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1100 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
To be eligible for admission to NDM-SOP, a student must
- Send a letter of intent to NDM-SOP upon matriculation at the University of Hartford;
- Complete at least 90 credits of coursework, including all necessary prerequisites, by the end of the third year at UHart;
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 overall, with a 3.25 in the sciences;
- Submit an application for admission to NDM-SOP at the beginning of the final year of pre-professional studies at UHart;
- Show satisfactory performance on the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT);
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to NDM-SOP from the health science, pre-pharmacy advisor and/or a letter of recommendation from the University Premedical Professional Advisory Committee;
- Complete all application procedures including a satisfactory interview with members of the Admissions Committee at NDM-SOP.
Contact the Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance: