Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content


Transferring into the Health Science Program

If you are applying as a transfer student, you will submit your application and documentation to our Office of Admissions. Your point of contact in our Office of Admissions is: Summer Cerruto, Assistant Director, Transfer Admission and Student Financial Assistance. Summer works with full-time and part-time undergraduate transfer students and reviews transfer student applications. She is also knowledgeable about credit articulation agreements we have with other institutions. She works closely with the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions to provide transfer students with the information they need to make a smooth transition.  Transfer website.

Upper-level program applicants should hold the appropriate professional certification or license, and their academic records should include formal clinical study from an accredited program. If you are considering one of our pre-professional programs (pre-chiropractic, pre-optometry, pre-osteopathic medicine, or pre-podiatry, please see the specific program transfer page. Applicants who have completed formal programs of study in allied health or nursing, and hold the appropriate professional certification or license, may be granted up to 60 credits toward the lower-division degree requirements. Thirty credits may be awarded for a one-year, hospital-based, allied health program. Additional credit may be obtained through the University's Learning in Noncredit Settings (LINCS) program.