RN to BSN Program
You may apply online or download an application to be completed and mailed in to the University of Hartford. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year and you may begin study in the fall, spring, or summer.
Steps to Admission to the University of Hartford - RN to BSN Program
1. RN to BSN Group Informational Open House: You are invited to attend an RN to BSN Group Informational Open House. This is a general information session. Dates are typically posted at on the RN to BSN main page. Reservations are not necessary. If no sessions are scheduled, please contact Kim Groot at 860.768.5408 or email@example.com.
2. On-line Application: Apply online (for free) to the RN to BSN nursing program as a part time student. Go to http://banweb.hartford.edu/pls/prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon. Request official transcripts from all colleges you have attended. Have the issuing institution send official transcripts to the
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Note: If you have transcripts that may be under a prior name(s), please ask the college or university sending the transcript to include your current name. If you believe a transcript may have been sent to our Office of Admissions without your current name on it, please notify the transfer counselor in the admissions office. This will facilitate the processing of your application. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860.768.4296.
3. Formal Admission to RN to BSN Program: When the admissions process is complete, you will receive a sealed postcard in the mail from the University of Hartford. It will have your new student ID and email address. In a separate mailing you will receive an “equivalency report” listing the names of general education courses that have transferred into the University of Hartford. Save your equivalency report and bring it with you to your program planning session.
4. Download your University of Hartford Transcript: Once you are admitted and have a student ID, logon to the online Student Self Service Center to access your University of Hartford transcript. Check the transcript to make sure that all of the courses you have taken transferred in and that there are no courses missing. Your nursing prerequisite courses and the nursing courses from your ADN program will appear as a 60 credit block on the University of Hartford transcript. If there are missing courses contact University of Hartford Admissions Office at admission@Hartford.edu, 860-768-4296.
5. Attend an RN to BSN Program Planning Session: After you are admitted you will receive a letter inviting you to attend an RN to BSN Program Planning Session with a transfer counselor. Email email@example.com to sign up for a program planning session. Bring your equivalency report and a copy of your University of Hartford transcript with you to the meeting. The equivalency report is important because it shows which courses have been designated for transfer into the university. The transfer counselor will map out several different program plans and allow you to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle needs.
6. Complete the Required Health Documentation Forms: For more information go to http://www.hartford.edu/student_affairs/departments/health_services/immun_health_forms.aspx.
7. Obtain a University of Hartford ID at the ID office in the basement of Gengras Student Union. For more information go to http://www.hartford.edu/graduate/StudentResources/id.aspx.
8. Register for Classes: The first time you take classes you will need to obtain a signature to register from the transfer counselor or a nursing faculty member. Once you begin taking classes and are matriculated in to the program you will be able to register online with a PIN number provided by your faculty advisor.
9. Purchase Books at the University of Hartford Bookstore. Online ordering is convenient. Go to http://www.hartford.edu/graduate/StudentResources/Bookstore.aspx.